Tuesday 29 April 2008

Back on track

Hey you! Remember me? Yes, me... That guy who wrote that stuff a while back... You know...? Er, anyway, apologies for the lack of quality product to get your teeth into recently. Truth is, I’ve been working on a project close to my heart: the resurrection of SLASHERBASE, the internet’s most comprehensive list of slasher movies (somewhat defunct since 2005). I’m currently about halfway there, so bear with me and I’ll keep you posted.

No, I’m not abandoning AiP, and I intend to get back to watching some classy horror trash to review soon. In the meantime, why don’t you track down some classy horror trash yourself over at Flick By Flick, which, if you didn’t know, is quite honestly the – no, make that THE – place for watching copyright-lapsed movie gems online. Seriously, there’s some great stuff to stream, including the Anthony Perkins chiller-diller How Awful About Allan, the slashers Funeral Home, Memorial Valley Massacre and Don’t Open Till Christmas and – unbelievably – the movie I recently highlighted as going for £45 on DVD at Amazon Marketplace, Night Train to Terror! Now you’ve no excuse not to watch it...

3 comments:

Chick Young said...

Well Ross,

Certainly best of luck with the Slasherbase (let me know if I can be of any assitance) but we'll be missing you here at AIP. Keep us updated.

Josh DeSlasher said...

As toast!

Congratulations on the resurrection! Not to mention...we're both on Hysteria-Lives' links!!! Woohoo!

Ross Horsley said...

A Hysteria Lives link?!! We should SO be out drinking right now. *dies happy*