Wednesday, 11 February 2009

The A-Z of F13

I’m just thrilled to be able to contribute to all the Friday the 13th remake hype with my latest article at Retro Slashers, A ‘Friday the 13th’ Alphabet. Everywhere you turn at the moment, it seems that Ol’ Hockeymask and Pop Culture Icon, Mr Jason Voorhies, is stalking you. It’s like being back in 1989 again, except this time it’s not just Manhattan he’s taking... but the world! Which presumably means he’ll spend a few weeks on a cruise boat sailing around the Cape of Good Hope, before docking in Sri Lanka or somewhere for the last 20 minutes.

Oh dear, what am I going on about today? Just giving you something to do while you await my review of the 1992 erotic thriller Mirror Images, okay? Now you can’t say I don’t care.

4 comments:

The Igloo Keeper... said...

Great stuff!

Q's a bit of a stretch though, eh?

Ross Horsley said...

You're quite right, Igloo Keeper. If only they'd named the killer Quincy Voorhies or something... Anyway, I'd totally forgotten about your wonderful blog, so have added it to my Follow list to ensure that doesn't happen again! Happy chilling.

The Igloo Keeper... said...

Hey thanks! I must criticise people more often...

Soiled Sinema said...

That was very funny and insightful, Ross. Good job. Also, I absolutely love the trailer for that film, even if it does include the greatest parts. Whatever gets people to see it, I guess. Oh, I also screened this last night and posted a review of it earlier.

Cheers!