Sunday 5 October 2008

Day 5: Terrified

1963’s Terrified is quite obviously the best movie ever. It’s about two fun-lovin’ teens travelling to a ghost town to meet someone called Crazy Bill. But when they get there, they discover Bill dead – impaled on the railings outside a cemetery. Yes, a cemetery! In a ghost town! Is that not the scariest location ever?! Not only that, but there’s a masked killer on the loose who’s intent on getting rid of any witnesses... It’s the perfect horror set-up! Of course, like all the movies I’m pseudo-reviewing for Sham Shocktober, I haven’t actually seen Terrified but, wow, if I had, I’m sure I’d be just... terrified!

Oh, and that masked killer I mentioned – apparently his outfit consists of a tuxedo topped off with a balaclava... Freaky! I’m getting goosebumps just thinking about it, and I don’t mean the series of children’s books. In all, Terrified sounds like a little-known and neglected influence on the slasher genre... and most definitely not a derivative, boring melodrama produced on the cheap for the drive-in crowd. I hope.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, I don't think I've ever heard of this movie, yet, I think I own it (on that Horrible Horrors DVD pack). I'm a sucker for slashers, so I would truly like to see this and the comments at IMDb are interesting.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch it if you will! Now is that a dare or what?

I'm totally not helping you narrow down your list, am I? I'm like a kid a candy store!

Ross Horsley said...

Yes, please dust this one off and give it a go if you get chance... I'm this close to buying it!

Anonymous said...

If I have it (and I'm pretty sure I do), I'll report back here. We are so in need of a he said/she said... Or maybe I'll watch it and save you the trouble.

At any rate, it's win/win.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I found it!

Seriously, if you ever want to co-blog, I can write about it for one of my sites and link it to yours. Of course, AFTER Sham Shocktober, because we must do the important things first!

I know, I'm annoying!

Ross Horsley said...

Annoying schmannoying... I'm definitely up for a co-blog, if only because the word reminds me of Co-ed Call Girl. It's a post-Sham Shocktober date!